Hövding 3 Airbag Helmet
The world's safest bicycle helmet isn’t a helmet. Hövding 3 is an airbag for cyclists that is worn around the neck like a collar. In the event of an accident, the airbag inflates and forms around the head and neck like a protective hood. According to scientific studies, the airbag technology is 8x safer than traditional bicycle helmets.
Sensors inside the collar read the cyclist's movement pattern 200 times per second and in the event of an accident, the airbag inflates in 0.1 second.
The cover that encloses the airbag is made of a black, waterproof and dirt-repellent functional fabric. The front zipper makes Hövding easy to take on and off whilst activation is simple using the front tab.
The Hövding comes in one size and can be adjusted to a suitable and comfortable fit using the Boa dial.
Hövding 3 can be connected to smartphone via Bluetooth for access to additional features, such as:
- Elected ICE contacts are automatically notified in the event of a bicycle accident.
- Opportunity for analysis of personal and collective bicycle data.
- Battery status with charging reminder.
Technical specification for Hövding 3
- Fit can be adjusted with an adjustment wheel (Boa)
- Suitable for head circumference 52–59 cm (20.5–23.2”) and neck dimensions 45 cm (17.7”)
- Bluetooth connection
- Battery lasts for 15 hours of active cycling
- Rain resistant
- Sound and light signals indicating when Hövding is activated/deactivated and needs to be charged etc
- Weight circa 800g
- USB-C cable for charging
- Black basic cover
- Quick start guide and technical manual