The world's safest bicycle helmet isn’t a helmet. Hövding 3 is an airbag for cyclists that is worn around the neck like a collar. In the event of an accident, the airbag inflates and forms around the head and neck like a protective hood. According to scientific studies, the airbag technology is 8x safer than traditional bicycle helmets.
Sensors inside the collar read the cyclist's movement pattern 200 times per second.
In the event of an accident, the airbag inflates in 0.1 second.
The Hövding comes in one size and can be adjusted to a suitable and comfortable fit using the Boa dial.
Hövding 3 can be connected to smartphone via Bluetooth for access to additional features, such as:
- selected ICE contacts are automatically notified in the event of a bicycle accident.
- opportunity for analysis of personal and collective bicycle data.
- battery status with charging reminder.
The cover that encloses the airbag is made of a black, waterproof and dirt-repellent functional fabric. The front zipper makes Hövding easy to take on and off. Activation is simple using the front tab. Hövding comes with a black basic cover in a durable functional fabric that protects the collar against dirt and wear. Hövding must always be used with either a basic cover or a seasonal cover.
Check out our new range of covers if you want to customize Hövding to your personal style. The covers have different patterns and functionality and are available in several designs.
Technical specification for Hövding 3
- Fit can be adjusted with an adjustment wheel (Boa)
- Bluetooth connection
- Battery for ca 15 hours of active cycling
- Rain resistant
- Sound and light signals indicating when Hövding is activated/deactivated and needs to be charged etc
- Weight ca 800g
- USB-C cable for charging
- Black basic cover
- Quick start guide and technical manual
The Hövding must only be used for cycling on two wheeled bicycles (standard models) in urban environments and on country roads.
Hövding is approved for persons over 15 years with head size (circumference) 52–59 cm (20.5–23.2”) and neck dimensions up to a maximum of 45 cm (17.7”) in circumference.